My latest droppings....

10.2.07

Do NOT feel up this pregnant woman

So, because its happening more and more amongst friends and strangers alike, I felt the need to blog about this appaling act. At first I thought that maybe this was a feeling I felt alone. Am I the only pregnant person who feels violated when somenoe automatically assumes they can rub a part of my body without an invitation? To me, to rub someone, baby in there or not, is an extremely personal thing. I don't rub your belly, or grab your crotch or breast.... well, at least not without an invitation. "But we wanna feel the baby!" they say. Well, one you can't feel the actual baby yet, so you are just rubbing me and two, if you didn't help create the baby you are not entitled to share something that I think is very intimate. That being said, when I get to a stage where others can feel the baby kick, I do invite some friends to feel. But it is a RARE occasion. And friend or not friend (and especially stranger) don't just reach out and touch! It's rude!

I recently searched for blogs or articles from other's that feel the same way and found a wonderful post on one of my new favorite blogger's blogs. If you have time, check it out, andby all means.... don't rub our bellies!

http://suburbanturmoil.blogspot.com/2006/08/dreaded-belly-rub.html

No comments: