My latest droppings....

7.10.06

The Pretty Girl with the shit car....

This post was originally done on my personal web-page, but seeing as I'm starting a whole new blogging era... I thought I would take the old ones and move them to their new home.


What a shit morning I've had.

Our motor vehicles place has screwed me over with my car. I am currently living overseas and when I arrived here they listed my father as the owner of my vehicle. (their mistake) Even though I tried to get them to fix that the last 3 years every person I saw was too lazy.
SO
I go in to get my annual registration for the car renewed, and I finally get someone who says "you cant register this car you aren't the owner".

Big mess of course. I now have to prove the vehicle is mine with documents from the bank, and credit Union etc. Usually no big deal, all though
"Why?" I asked the stupid motor vehicle people, "Why do I have to prove the car is mine, when my father has never had to prove it was his?"
Hmmmm (almost a deep thought dont ya think?)

Anyway call my credit union etc. to let them know that I'm up shit creek because they won't let me register my car (can't drive a car or get gas on a car that is not registered) and ask them to send the title etc.

Of course, being that my loan is from the credit union on Dover AIR FORCE BASE, serving the military community, you'd think they'd be used to dealing with people who are sent overseas.

"Can you fax the information to me?" I ask..
"We dont have the capability to fax overseas," the cow says.
"Can you scan it in an e-mail it to me?" I ask.
"We don't have the capability to scan," the cow says.
"By the way", she says, "Your insurance has dropped."
"No," I say, "I switched it."
"Well," she says "your new insurance company has not sent us a copy of your new policy. We have sent notices to you (which I didn't receive because they sent them to MY FATHER) she says, "that we are going to re-possess your car."

"So tell me" I say to her in a very sarcastic tone "how are you going to repossess my car in Germany, when you don't even have the capability to send a fax over here?"
The cow actually starts laughing and we get everything straightened out, however, I have to wait for them to MAIL me my paperwork.

In the mean time, this week I have not been able to drive my car. Luckily, the folks said I could use their car.
So I get up this morning and I go to start the car, and it wont start. Something to do with some kind of electric shortage in it or something because I can't do anything automatic in it. I can't unlock the doors automatically, I can't pop the trunk etc.
So, I e-mail my assistant because I can't get a-hold of her by phone, and ask if she can come get me. She calls me on my cell phone in the meantime and tells me she doesn't feel well today and shes not coming in.
FU@K!
So, I get the keys to my mom's ugly green station wagon. I learned to drive on a stick, but have never driven one since then, so I'm very nervous about driving the car. Must get to work though.
So the car starts up fine. I'm driving pretty smoothly. A little scared though about the shifting. I'm handling it superbly though.
Well the car starts puttering and stalling as soon as ..... Wait for it. ........I get on the fast highway with all the morning traffic.
I stalled twice and had to pull over. WTF???? I was scared out of my mind. Not to mention, I'm now the pretty girl on the side of the road with the shitty car.
Brave as I am I start the car up again (twice mind you) and head toward base as I'm almost there. Please, God, let me make it.
It then dawns on me that Mom mentioned something about getting bad gas in the station wagon from AAFES. ARGH!
The car is still puttering, but it does like a big fart sound and then it seems to be going smoothly. I get right past the gate guard on base. And the piece of shit stalls again. I'm so embarrassed. People are staring at me.
But I crank it up again, and make it safely to my office, pissed that I have to make coffee.
*sigh*
It better be a good weekend.

No comments: